When you feel tired or hot, the last thing on your mind is spending time cooking in the kitchen. The warmth of the kitchen adds discomfort to an otherwise warm summer day. Let’s save all those cooking for the cooler days ahead when its fall. But for now, let’s focus on preparing dinner with less effort. This heart-healthy and easy salmon dinner is a perfect meal for the whole family. Glazed with hoisin sauce and served with broccoli, this one pan dinner takes just a few minutes to prepare.
Why You Should Make This Easy Salmon Dinner
In one of our previous recipes, we discussed how salmon dishes are good for the heart. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a good choice not just for those who have heart conditions. Also, salmon is a very versatile ingredient because there are so many ways to cook it. Salmon also pairs well with whatever ingredient you mix with it because of its light flavor. You can grill, roast, steam, or braise it. Serve it alone flavored with herbs and spices or with veggies.
What I love most about this easy salmon dinner is that it can be cooked in just one pan. I don’t need to worry about using several kitchen tools coz one pan is enough. I can even line my baking sheet with parchment paper so I don’t have to worry much about cleaning up afterward.
As with most recipes, you can become creative and tweak it based on what ingredients you have on hand. If you don’t have hoisin sauce, you can make your own sauce by mixing oyster sauce and sugar to mimic the sweet taste of hoisin sauce. You can also use other veggies such as carrots, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.
I hope you and your family will love this recipe. Leave us a comment and tell us all about it! Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends, too.
Glazed-Salmon with Broccoli
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds plus more for garnish
- 2 cups cooked rice of your choice white Basmati rice or brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Get your baking pan and toss broccoli with salt and oil.
- Place the salmon fillet in the middle of the broccoli florets. Baste it with hoising sauce on both sides.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon is opaque.
- Season the cooked rice with the rice vinegar and salt. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide rice into portions and top with the cooked salmon and broccoli. Add more sesame seeds as desired.
1 thought on “Easy Salmon Dinner: Glazed Salmon with Broccoli”
This was delicious!! So easy and quick, and I love that you can leave it in the oven. Thank you for helping me find my new favorite salmon recipe!