Chicken is one of the staple foods that I ALWAYS have in stock. The best thing about chicken is that you can cook so many variations — fried, roasted, saucy, broiled, baked, etc. You have to admit, chicken is a very versatile piece of meat. One of my favorite chicken recipes is roasted chicken because it is so easy to prepare and cook.
All-time Favorite Dish
What I love most about roasted chicken is that you can prep it at night then just let it marinade. If you suddenly change your mind or just don’t have time, you can leave it in the fridge and roast it later. The longer it marinates, the better the taste. Also, chicken is not just versatile but it is highly nutritious. I’ve read a lot about the good things about chicken and here’s what I’ve learned:
- Chicken is a great source of protein which helps build muscles and improves strength.
- It is rich in calcium and phosphorus that help build strong bones and contribute to body energy production.
- Helps promote weight loss especially if you eat the white meat without the skin.
- Did you know that chicken actually has minerals that relieves the body from stress? Way to go, chicken!
- Do you know why chicken soup is the best when you’re sick? A warm bowl of chicken soup does more than just relieves colds and an upset tummy, it also helps boost resistance which leads to faster recovery.
- Eating a delicious chicken dish increases happy hormones! Why? Well, because a good dish makes us happy! Nuff said!
Try this easy Mediterranean roasted chicken for all occasions!
Chicken is such as amazing ingredient, right? You can even choose your chicken pieces and not buy the whole chicken. What I do is buy a whole chicken plus extra pieces of drumsticks and wings for additional dishes. Whole chicken is meant for roasted chicken, so I’d like to share with you this easy Mediterranean roasted chicken.
This Mediterranean roasted chicken is best for special occasions or just to make your weekends special. You can even prep this for birthdays and anniversaries — your family will surely be delighted!
TRY IT AND LET US KNOW! DID YOU ENJOY THIS DISH? Tell us in the comments below and share this recipe with your family and friends. Or check out our other recipes here.