Garlic bread toast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner…and even for snacks! One of my favorite ways to serve them is to dip in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Perfect for appetizers before a pasta dinner!
Since I love to cook, I opt to make my own rather than buy from the bakery. At least I can adjust the flavor according to taste. I also taught the boys how to make garlic bread so they can make their own if they want more. Best way to make them help out at home is to teach them cooking skills at an early age. Even though they are boys, they should also learn to be useful in household chores.
Leftover garlic bread toast can be placed in airtight containers then stored in the fridge. You can reheat them in the oven or toaster for about 3 minutes to make it crunchy again. However, in our family, we never have leftovers! That is why I make sure that I always bake some extra for storage. You never know when you’ll need some extra bread!
Garlic Bread Galore For Your Foodie Needs!
This homemade garlic bread is easy and great for pasta dishes. I cook pasta once or twice a week so it really comes in handy. You can also slice them into cubes and use them as croutons for soup and salad. Weekends are special coz it is our bonding time. My husband and I love to cook so during weekends, we have an abundance of food, which includes soup and salad. Of course, the garlic bread can be used as croutons. Serve them on date night with delicious Fettuccine Alfredo!
Bake a batch and let us know how it went! If you also have other recipe twists for garlic bread, feel free to share them on the comments.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends, too!
Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 loaf sliced Italian or bagels or French bread
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over medium heat, use a small sauce pan to heat the butter and mix it with parsley and garlic.
- Make sure you stir the butter and turn down the heat so the butter doesn’t get burnt. Turn off the heat after a minute.
- Brush olive oil on the rack and placed it above the baking pan.
- Spread the garlic bread spread on each side then arrange it on the cooling rack.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Take out the bread and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over it then bake for another 3-5 minutes.