Weekends are for baking! Since I have made it a habit to count my calories and lessen my carbs, I decided that making my own bread would be the best way. Not only do I get to adjust the ingredients, but I also consume my energy while baking. I love to listen to music, too, while baking so sometimes I spice it up with a little Zumba dancing! This weekend, I made this Banana Bread Recipe with Dark Chocolate Chips and topped them with coconut — yummy!
This recipe only has 220 calories and 37 grams of carbs so it still fits my diet plan. I’m doing my best to stay at a maximum of 1200 calories per day plus exercise. The original recipe does not have coconut on it. I realized that this is the perfect opportunity for the unused coconut so I added it as toppings. You can be creative with the recipe and add nuts or raisings, too!
I have a new bakeware set and this set has everything I need from baking the bread to cooling and storing it. If you don’t have it yet, you can get it from the Kitchenatics store on Amazon.
Anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Let me know how it went or if you have any suggestions to improve the banana bread recipe! Don’t forget to share your photos with us, too!
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chip Cookies topped with Coconut
- 1 loaf pan
- 1 roaster pan with lid
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 sheet pan
- 2 to 3 pcs very ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup salted or unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 pcs large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels
- sweetened coconut flakes for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Brush the loaf pan with butter. I used a 9 x 6 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add the melted butter. Make sure to mash them until completely smooth.
- Add the baking soda, salt, sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract, and sifted flour. Mix well with a spatula until free of clumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Top with sweetened coconut flakes before baking.
- If you are using an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan, bake for 55 to 65 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- If you are using an 8.5 x 4.5 inch pan, bake for 47 to 57 minutes.
- If baking in a 9 x 5 or 9 x 6 inch loaf pan, bake for 45 to 55 minutes. The best way to check is when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.