Holidays are here! It’s the season of cooking and baking, as well as time spent with family and friends. I’ve already started with my Christmas shopping and I’ve realized that there are still so many people I don’t have on my list! This year, I had some extra time so I decided to make some gifts for my friends and family. I will also start with some Christmas baking and give them away as gifts. Gifts made with love — that’s my personal theme for this year.
For our Christmas menu, I decided that turkey would still be one of the ingredients. However, I will make something different from the usual roasted turkey. I found this really easy Turkey Roulade holiday recipe that has cranberry sauce. The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need to buy a whole turkey.
Another good thing about this recipe is that it takes only half an hour to prepare then you can just leave it in the oven to cook. So, you can prepare it early then just cook it an hour before dinner. That way, the dish will be served freshly cooked and savory.
This Turkey Roulade holiday recipe is perfect with a side dish of mashed potatoes or a green salad. You can also serve this on special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or simple family gatherings. If you have leftover turkey, you can also slice the breast part and use them for this dish.
What about you? What’s your menu this holiday season? Would love to hear your thoughts!
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends!
For more easy and holiday recipes, check out the rest of our blog.
Here’s another holiday recipe that you will surely love: Baked Ham and Brussels Sprouts.
Turkey Roulade Holiday Recipe
- 2 turkey breasts boneless and skinless
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp sage
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Butterfly-cut the breasts crosswise. Be careful not to cut all the way through. This is done to spread out the turkey meat.
- Get plastic wrap and place it over the turkey meat. Lightly pound into a rectangle until about 1/4-inch thick. Make sure both slices are even and easy to roll.
- Season the turkey breast with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter then add the panko breadcrumbs. Toast until golden brown.
- Transfer the panko to a food processor. Add the thyme, sage, parsley, and garlic. Process until finely chopped. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pat the turkey breast with paper towels to dry. Sprinkle half of the garlic mixture on the turkey slice and roll tightly. Secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine. Do this with the other turkey slice.
- Rub the turkey roulades with vegetable oil. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375°F until the thickest part reads 160°F on a kitchen thermometer, for about an hour. Let the turkey roulade rest for about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mashed potatoes on the side or cranberry sauce.