There are days when you want to make a really special dinner but don’t have enough resources or the energy? Well, I found this simple but elegant dish that’s perfect for when guests suddenly arrive. You can also make this for special days when you just want to make your family or yourself feel good. This Stuffed Chicken with Spinach and Bacon is an easy chicken dinner recipe that’s perfect for family dinners. With just a few ingredients, you can also get out of that “dinner rut.”
A Healthy and Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe
As you already know, chicken is a very versatile and healthy ingredient. Packed with nutrients, such as proteins, you can make a lot of dishes with this. If you are on a low fat, low cholesterol diet, stay off the red meat and opt for chicken breasts.
Another healthy ingredient in this easy chicken dinner recipe is spinach. Spinach is a superfood that is packed with nutrients and is low-calorie, too. Dark, leafy greens such as spinach contribute to healthy skin, hair and bones. Spinach also helps lower blood glucose level and is perfect for a diabetic diet. It is also rich in calcium, magnesium and iron. Spinach is also known to help prevent cancer and asthma. It also helps improve bone health, promotes digestion, and helps lower blood pressure.
A Healthy, Easy and Elegant Dish
This Stuffed Chicken with Spinach and Bacon can already be a complete meal, especially if you are on the Keto diet. What I love about this dish is that it’s easy to prepare! I just prep the ingredients and arrange it on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Everything tastes good with cheese, don’t you agree? The cream cheese is what holds everything together. Children love this dish that they even forget that they are eating spinach. Adults, of course, will surely love this dish because of the bacon.
Serve this dish with some salad, pasta or even rice. You can also have roasted or mashed potatoes or buttered veggies on the side. This easy chicken dinner recipe is also similar with the Stuffed Chicken with Figs and Cheese recipe.
What are you waiting for? Grab your baking pan, prep the ingredients, and start cooking! Don’t forget to share this delicious dinner recipe with your friends.
Stuffed Chicken with Spinach and Bacon
- baking pan
- 4 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh spinach defrosted and drained (if using frozen)
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese divided
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 strips bacon cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grab your baking pan and line it with parchment paper of foil.
- Get the chicken breasts and make slits on them. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange on baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, artichokes, spinach, and half a cup of mozzarella. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Fill each slit in the chicken breast with the cream cheese filling.
- Fill each slit with the bacon slices. Sprinkle with the remaining mozarella cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the bacon is crispy.