Easter celebrations will not be complete without an Easter egg hunt. This year, like the past year, people are wary to bring their kids outside to parties and such for fear of catching the virus. However, that means that your family should postpone it. You can have your own intimate Easter celebration right at home. What better way to top it off but with this delicious Easter chocolate bombs!
Celebrate Easter with Yummy Easter Chocolate!
Easter, or Pascha in the Aramaic language, is also called Resurrection Sunday and is the foundation of Christian faith. Celebrating Easter Sunday culminates the 40-day Lenten Season or Holy Week. Jewish Passover and Easter are closely associated due to their symbolisms.
Easter eggs symbolize Christ’s empty tomb when he resurrected on Easter Sunday. Hence, an Easter egg hunt would symbolize looking for Christ as He is nowhere to be found.
Different cultures have different ways of celebrating Easter such as sunrise church services, Paschal greeting, and the famous Easter egg hunt for kids. Making Easter chocolate is one of the best ways to cap off the Easter celebration. Kids and adults alike will surely love Easter chocolate. Much more, Easter hot chocolate bombs will surely be delightful!
Making Easter Chocolate Bombs
These Easter hot chocolate bombs are perfect for Easter! You can prepare them in advance and serve them for Easter breakfast, before bedtime, or both! You can use white chocolate or milk chocolate and add sprinkles, peppermint, and caramel frosting. Turn it into a fun Easter activity and have the kids decorate them instead of the usual Easter eggs. Young and old alike will surely delight in making and consuming these Easter hot chocolate bombs!
The round silicone molds are perfect for this project. Good thing we already have them! I’m planning to invite my niece and nephew next weekend so we can start making the Easter chocolate bombs on Saturday and have them for Easter breakfast. The last time we made the hot cocoa bombs, they were delighted when we dropped the hot chocolate bombs on warm milk. Another tip is to heat milk and pour it from a small jar and watch the magic unfold!
Anyway, sharing with you this simple recipe for Easter chocolate bombs. You can be creative with the ingredients and decorate it with what you have. It is also a great way to enhance the kids’ creativity! Enjoy!
Easter Chocolate Bombs
- Round silicone molds
- 1 cup white melting wafers
- 8 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- mini marshmallows
- white or milk chocolate melting wafers for drizzling
- candy grass
- candy bunnies for garnish
- caramel sauce for drizzling optional
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds or until melted.
- With the back of a spoon or a clean and unused paintbrush, apply the chocolate to the cavities of the round silicone molds. Completely cover the molds evenly all the way to the edges.
- Freeze the chocolate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully unmold the chocolate from the silicone molds.
- Fill half of the chocolate rounds with hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows. You can also add some peppermint if desired.
- Apply melted chocolate on the sides and cover with the other half of the chocolate round.
- Drizzle the chocolate bombs with white chocolate, milk chocolate or caramel sauce.
- Garnish with the candy bunny and candy grass. You can also use sprinkles.
- To serve, drop in a cup of warm milk or put it in a mug and pour warm milk over it.
1 thought on “Celebrate Easter with Delightful Easter Hot Chocolate Bombs”
I made this with the kids and they were super delighted! This is now our bedtime routine.