If I were to choose one country that I’d like to visit, it would be Italy. There’s something so romantic about it and wonderful, especially the food! I would love to experience what real Italian food tastes like. We went to this Italian restaurant last week and I fell in love with their Creamy Tuscan Chicken. I knew I had to try and duplicate the recipe when I get home.
Why I Love This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Recipe
I fell in love with this recipe because it just seemed so dreamy. Rhymes with creamy, huh? And yes, it really is creamy! I tried to copy the flavors as much as I could, but I guess I’ll just have to wait for my family’s verdict.
The first time I tried this recipe we paired it with some crusty Italian bread. I think I ate a whole loaf! This creamy Tuscan chicken recipe may also go well with some pasta because of the creamy and flavorful sauce — and that’s what I’m gonna try. Make sure you also have some homemade garlic bread to go with the pasta!
Hey, you know what? My hubby says it tastes slightly different from what we had but still just as delicious! Well, I appreciate his honesty and I’m glad that it also tasted good. It may taste different from the authentic one, but hey, so long as they love it, I am 0ne happy cook!
Go ahead and try this recipe! I’m sure your family will also love it as much as we did. Don’t forget to bring out the wine!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 4 pieces chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced into half
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- lemon wedges for serving
- Heat olive in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook for 8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir fry the garlic for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the cherry tomatoes begin to burst. Add the spinach and cook until a bit wilted.
- Add the heavy cream and grated parmesan. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced. Return the chicken pieces to the sauce and warm through for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or with crusty Italian bread and lemon wedges.