Spring is here! It’s starting to warm up and spending a lot of time in the kitchen is not a good idea. I love to cook but sometimes the heat of the oven or stove really adds to the warm temperature. I would rather cook a simple yet delicious meal that takes a few minutes. Take for example this Creamy Pesto Pasta with Shrimps recipe. It’s so simple yet delicious — you’d think it was from an elegant restaurant.
Making Creamy Pesto Pasta
Fresh shrimps can be challenging to obtain. However, you can also use frozen shrimps. The good thing about frozen shrimps is that you can easily buy them at the supermarket, already peeled and deveined. You can also use crab meat or lobster meat for this recipe. You can also use store-bought pesto or make your own. I make my own pesto and just store them in the freezer for later.
To make pesto just add the following ingredients in a food processor or blender:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, peanuts, or walnuts
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Store in a mason jar and refrigerate or freeze. Homemade pesto lasts for 4 to 5 days in the fridge. Properly stored, it can last up to 4 months in the freezer. I use mine within a month and make sure not to return the thawed pesto in the freezer but use them all up. It’s best to keep them in jars with the proper servings so you can just get what you need. (1)
Dinner is Ready!
Pasta will not be complete without homemade garlic bread. You can just use regular loaf bread spread with butter and garlic. You can also skip the butter and use regular toast or dinner rolls. However you want to serve it, don’t forget desert afterwards! You can check out this famous Filipino dessert leche flan and serve it for dessert.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with others! Feel free to send us your delicious creations via email at email@example.com or join our Facebook community Cooking with Love.
Creamy Pesto Pasta with Shrimp
- 1 lb linguine noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 lb large shrimps peeled and deveined
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add heavy cream and season with pepper. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until a bit thickened, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the heavy cream. Gradually stir in the pesto. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes until they turn pink. Top on linguine and add grated parmesan on top.