You know what? I already lost 3 pound in just a week! A Low Carb diet, portion control, and intermittent fasting really helped. Of course, exercise is also a plus. Every morning, my hubby and I would brisk walk around the block. I’m thinking of buying some dumb bells, too, so I can tone my muscles. We just finished our morning walk and I am hungry. Gotta make some Keto Broccoli Salad to satisfy my hunger pangs!
What I love about this Keto Broccoli Salad is that it has bacon. If you are on the Keto diet, bacon and eggs are among the staple ingredients. A Keto diet is not advisable for me right now since I need to watch my cholesterol levels. I can still eat some Keto recipes but only in moderation. Besides, only a small amount of bacon in this dish.
On a side not, did you know that you can use the cooling racks as a strainer for your broccoli? That’s what I did instead of using a colander. The cooling rack gently holds the broccoli florets so they drain properly without being squished.
Anyway, here’s the recipe of the Keto Broccoli Salad. It’s so easy to prepare that it’ll be ready in just 20 minutes. Perfect for lazy days, too!
Keto Broccoli Salad
- Kosher salt
- 3 heads broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 tbsp chives freshly chopped
For the Dressing:
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Boil 6 cups of water in a large sauce pan. Have a large bowl with iced water nearby for the cooked broccoli.
- Cook the broccoli florets for 1 to 2minutes. Drain and place in iced water. Remove from iced water and drain in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients: broccoli, cheddar, red onions, almonds, bacon, and chives.
- In another bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing: mayo, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.