I always believe that we should start with a good breakfast. For me, a good breakfast is not complete without a nice hot cup of coffee. Breakfast is also the first meal of the day. If you don’t get enough nutrients for breakfast, chances are, you will feel sluggish and uninspired the whole day. A full stomach leads to a full mind. That’s why I always encourage my kids to eat breakfast. One of my favorite breakfast recipes is this Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe. Imagine the flavor of fall apples with delicious pancakes and cinnamon!
Why Apples Make Us Healthy
I’m sure that you’ve heard the adage that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. What is it about apples that make us healthy? Read on to find out the top 5 health benefits of eating apples:
- Apples are a rich source of fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and potassium.
- Studies also show that apples are good for weight loss. Since apples are high in fiber and water content, it makes you feel full.
- Apples contain polyphenols that lower the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and LDL (bad cholesterol). Polyphenols are antioxidants contained in plants.
- Apples are said to lower the risk of diabetes.
- Apples promote good gut bacteria through its prebiotic effects.
Those are just some of the benefits of eating apples. On the other hand, apple juice has a contrary effect. Apple juice removes the fiber content. When you drink apple juice, you consume liquid sugar that increases blood sugar and makes you feel sluggish and hungry. Thus, if you have diabetes or want to lose weight, opt for fresh apples with the skin on instead of juice.
Breakfast Recipes to Start the Day Right
In a previous blog post, I shared with you one of my favorite breakfast recipes — Keto Breakfast Frittata. I see to it that my family and I have a big breakfast so we will feel energized and alert throughout the morning. Normally, I just prepare pancakes with bacon and eggs because they are easy to prepare. I decided to make these Cinnamon Apple Pancakes so at least we can include some fruits for breakfast. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber so it also helps speed up metabolism.
Oh, and if you don’t have apples, you can also use bananas and make delicious pancakes topped with bananas and caramel syrup!
Try this delicious and easy Cinnamon Apple Pancakes for breakfast and start the day right!
Don’t forget to share this hearty breakfast recipe with your friends!
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1 large egg separated
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 pieces large apples peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with egg yolk, vanilla, and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold gently. Add the 1 1/2 cups of chopped apples.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Get a non-stick pan and grease it with butter. Pour the pancake batter into desired amounts and cook until bubbles form. Flip over and cook until slightly golden.
- In a small saucepan, make the apple toppings. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, add the rest of the apples along with the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it forms a jam-like consistency.
- Serve the apple jam over the pancakes.
1 thought on “Start the Day Right with Apple Pancakes”
Fluffy and the apple topping were lovely. My family loves it.