Did you know that you can have pasta for salad? Oh yes, you can! I came across this recipe of Deviled Eggs Pasta Salad and was eager to try it. I just added a few veggies that I had in stock to make it into a more nutritious and complete meal. This pasta salad recipe will be perfect for your after-Christmas celebration as it is so easy to prepare. What’s great is that you can prepare extra eggs as you prepare your Deviled Eggs appetizer and reserve some of the hardboiled eggs for your pasta the next day.
What I Love About this Pasta Salad
The recipe calls for some ingredients that may not easily be available so I substituted some of it. For example, I did not have Gemelli pasta so I used the curly pasta I had in stock. I also don’t have fennels so I just used parsley. For better flavor and a complete meal, I also added some tuna flakes, asparagus, and tomatoes.
Is Pasta Healthy or Unhealthy?
If you’re trying to watch your diet like me, I know you also have your misgivings about pasta. Pasta is a form of carbs so skipping rice but eating pasta can be the same thing. So, I did my research to determine if pasta is unhealthy or not.
I learned that if you want to opt for healthier pasta, you can choose whole grain pasta. Whole grain pasta is higher in fiber yet lower in calories. On the other hand, enriched pasta may be higher in B vitamins and iron.
In addition, pasta may contain gluten. So if you’re allergic to gluten or want to avoid gluten, just opt for gluten-free food. To know more about the nutritional effects of pasta, you can read this article on Healthline.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know in the comments. Don’t forget to share this delicious and nutritious recipe with your friends!
Deviled Eggs Pasta Salad
- 2 1/2 cups Gemelli pasta or your preferred pasta
- 8 pcs eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 stalks medium celery with leaves thinly sliced and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 small fennel with fronds, trimmed and shaved thinly you can also use parsley as a substitute
- 1/4 small red onion diced
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- scallions sliced, for garnish
- paprika to taste
- chopped tomatoes
- asparagus tips
- tuna flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Boil the eggs on medium-high. Once the water boils, turn off heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes, covered. Drain and immerse in cold water. Peel eggs and slice lengthwise.
- From the 8 egg halves, separate the yolks from the whites. Roughly chop the remaining egg whites and the rest of the eggs.
- Mix the separate egg yolks with the mustard, mayo, vinegar, and sugar. Mash until free from lumps. Fold in the rest of the ingredients including the cooked pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with scallions and sprinkle with paprika as desired.
1 thought on “The Best Deviled Eggs Pasta Salad”
Delicious! I made this salad 2 nights ago. It was gone in one sitting. That’s the seal of approval. Thanks for the delicious recipe………………………………………………..