I found this delicious BBQ Bacon Baked Beans by BBQ Pit Boys and decided to try it out. This is one of the dishes that I served during Labor Day. Since we live in the South (Louisiana), among the specialties are anything with Cajun, barbecue, and beans! Of course, bacon will always be a staple in American dishes. This dish is the epitome of a hardworking laborer’s meal, thus, I decided that this would be best for our Labor Day cookout.
My husband brought out the smoker and had already started the Tri-tip Roast. He is now preparing a delicious salad. We assigned the kids to take care of setting up the dining area. They were busy blowing up balloons and arranging the chairs and tables in the backyard.
Let’s Party with Baked Beans!
The BBQ Bacon Baked Beans were ready just when our guests started arriving. When we opened the smoker, we could smell that delicious mix of BBQ, bacon, beans and spices! We popped open champagne bottles and had a great time with family and friends!
What makes this dish unique is the interplay of different flavors. Plus, you can customize it to your preference. You can even use the leftovers for burritos or tacos. I like mine spicy, and some of my friends do, too. Hot pepper sauce is the perfect condiment to this BBQ Bacon Baked Beans.
Oh, and you know what? You can also recycle the leftovers to make chili and use it for hotdog toppings. You see, this dish is very versatile so don’t worry about cooking too much. You can even get creative and make some soup!
Here is the final product — Mouthwatering, isn’t it?
Don’t forget to share this amazing recipe with your friends and leave us a comment below. Cheers to Labor Day!
Best BBQ Bacon Baked Beans
- 4 cans original canned baked beans about 28 oz each can
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 whole onion chopped to small pieces
- 1 lb sausages preferably Jalapeño Smoked Sausage, chopped
- 1 lb uncured bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onions and sausages.
- In a medium pan, saute the onions and sausages in oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the beans, molasses, garlic powder, brown mustard, diced tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, and beer. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the bean mixture into a large high-rimmed baking pan. If you don’t have a large baking pan with a high rim, you can use an aluminum baking sheet and place it on top of the Kitchenatics’ baking pan to make it more sturdy. Add the sausage and onion mixture.
- Slice the bacon into 1 inch squares and arrange them on top of the bean mixture.
- Cook it in the smoker for 3.5 hours at 250-270 degrees F.
2 thoughts on “How to Cook the Best BBQ Bacon Baked Beans”
This was good as a side for our Superbowl food. Plus our BBQ sandwiches, perfect!