Among my first baking projects were cupcakes. The idea came to me when I visited my favorite bake shop and saw delicious cupcakes of all kinds. What was so enticing about them was the colorful icing and designs! Thus, I decided to make my very own fruity cupcakes. I bought a dozen different flavors that day; I wanted to test the different flavors and varieties so I would know what to bake. Next stop, supermarket! Need some baking supplies!
Why We Love Fruity Cupcakes
Ever since I started baking these Berries and Cream Fruity Cupcakes, I made it a habit to make them at least two or three times a month. I turned it into a fun activity with my kids and my niece, too. Even though all my children are boys, it is the perfect time to teach them the scientific art of baking. I think baking also teaches one to become methodical and patient. It’s also the perfect way to teach kids cooking and baking skills. Boys can also be great in the kitchen. That is why we have chefs. Well, my hubby cooks great food — his forté is grilling and roasting!
For this recipe I used fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. You can use other fruits, too, whichever are in season. The sweet cream and melted chocolate are the perfect combination to any fruit. I let the children decorate the cupcakes to encourage their artistic abilities. They truly enjoy making different designs with the cupcakes. My youngest even thought of layering the fruits with the cream and added some chocolate syrup on top! (Sorry, I forgot to take a photo– it was so good it was gone in a minute!)
I hope you enjoy making these delicious Berries and Cream Fruity Cupcakes as much as we did. Oh, and here’s a photo of the birthday cupcakes I made for my niece.
You can also check out another dessert recipe: Leche Flan (Filipino Creme Brulee)
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends!
Recipe source: https://butterwithasideofbread.com/berries-cream-cupcakes/
Berries and Cream Fruity Cupcakes
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries
- semi-sweet chocolate melt
For the Sweetened Cream:
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the egg whites until stiff and form peaks. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or electric mixer (such as Kitchenaid) cream the butter on medium speed until it's nearly white. Mix in the sugar, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing as you go. Add in egg whites and mix gently.
- Fill the cupcake molds 2/3 full so it doesn’t overflow. Bake for 375 F for about 20 minutes or until the tops turn golden.
- Get a toothpick to test if they are done. If the dough doesn’t stick then they are done. Set aside and let the cupcakes cool at room temperature.
To Make the Sweet Cream:
- Combine the ingredients and mix using a hand-held mixer until thickened.
- Transfer the sweet cream to an icing applicator or to a Ziplock bag with the corners cut off.
- Top the cupcakes with sweet cream, berries, and melted chocolate.
1 thought on “Delightful Berries and Cream Fruity Cupcakes”