It’s time to bring out the barbecue and enjoy the outdoors! Make this Mesquite BBQ and serve it with this delicious side dish of Baked Asparagus with Cheese. Since there is an abundance of asparagus this spring, and even as we usher into summer, you can get creative with asparagus. We normally just roast the asparagus or wrap it with bacon, but this cheesy baked asparagus recipe is a must try! Everything tastes so much better with cheese, right?
Why You Need to Try this Cheesy Baked Asparagus
Asparagus is abundant during springtime and summer. It is also a very versatile vegetable. You can roast or grill it, or add it to stews and soups. What I love about asparagus is that it doesn’t take too long to cook. Sometimes I just steam it for about 3 to 5 minutes until it turns bright green, then dip it in ranch dressing. Perfect for snacks or appetizers!
Asparagus is one of the healthiest vegetables. It is rich in nutrients but have few calories. It is also a good source of antioxidants that helps lower blood pressure, fight free radicals, and has inti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects. Asparagus is also great for digestive health since it is rich in fiber. If you are expecting or if somebody you know is pregnant, indulge on asparagus as it is a good source of folate.
In addition, asparagus can help you lose weight due to its high fiber content. In my experience, asparagus helps me feel full longer. Thus, you won’t feel guilty if you eat a lot of this cheesy baked asparagus because it is delicious as it is healthy.
I love how spring brings us an abundance of veggies. Veggies are a staple in our diet so I make sure to get fresh ones every time. This cheesy baked asparagus is one of our favorites. We even serve it when we have guests because it is easy to prepare. Well, it’s always gone in a few minutes, too!
Go ahead and try this delicious recipe! Don’t forget to share it with others, too!
Baked Asparagus with Cheese
- 2 lbs asparagus hard stalks trimmed off
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated
- red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grab your quarter sheet aluminum baking pan and arrange the asparagus on it, in a single even layer. Pour heavy cream over it and sprinkle with garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the freshly grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Add red pepper flakes as desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheeses are golden and melted and the asparagus is tender.