Can you prepare a delicious dish in just 30 minutes with just 5 ingredients? Yes, you can! Plus, all you have to do is mix everything and cook it in the oven. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, you’re in luck! This Vegetarian Gnocchi recipe is just the dish I’m talking about! Perfect for busy Mondays and weeknight dinners.
What is Gnocchi?
The first time I encountered gnocchi, I thought it was some kind of dumpling. However, I learned that gnocchi is actually a type of pasta. Gnocchi can also be made from soft dough dumplings. It can be made from semolina, egg, cheese, potatoes, wheat flour, cornmeal, and breadcrumbs among others.
There are different ways to cook gnocchi. You can serve them just like pasta with a thick sauce such as gorgonzola. Or you can just drizzle them with butter and sage. You can also cook gnocchi in a skillet with veggies and seafood, or make soup out of it.
If you are looking for a healthier version, try spinach gnocchi or cauliflower gnocchi. Spinach gnocchi is made with ricotta and spinach, while cauliflower gnocchi is made from cauliflower and is gluten-free.
Why You Need to Cook this Vegetarian Gnocchi Recipe
You need to try this healthy vegetarian gnocchi simply because it’s unique, delicious, healthy and so easy to make. This is perfect when you’re in a hurry to prepare dinner or just too tired to cook. Simple yet looks luxurious. Just like an authentic Italian dish, don’t you think?
This is also perfect when you want to surprise your hubby, special someone, or your family. Or just because you want them to feel special.
Don’t forget to share this Vegetarian Gnocchi Recipe with others, too! Leave us a comment to let us know once you’ve tried it.
Vegetarian Baked Gnocchi Easy Recipe
- 4-5 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 1 package gnocchi 16 oz
- 1 can cannellini beans 15 oz, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar tomato sauce 24 oz
- 1 cup grated cheese divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi to the same pot and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the gnocchi floats to the top.
- Drain the gnocchi and broccoli. Return to the pot then add the tomato sauce, cannellini beans, and 1/4 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Prepare a large baking dish and spread the gnocchi on it. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
1 thought on “Quick and Easy 5-Ingredient Vegetarian Gnocchi”
Great Recipe! Simple and complete!