Stir-fried meals are a lifesaver, don’t you agree? When I get creative in the kitchen, most of the time I opt for shrimp stir fry or stir-fried chicken. They are the easiest to cook and the most versatile. You can stir fry shrimp or chicken, add some sauce, veggies, or noodles, and voila! A complete meal!
I got this recipe online and decided to tweak the Asian Stir-fried Shrimp with noodles recipe based on the ingredients that I have.
Shrimp Stir Fry Saves the Day!
One time I got home a bit late and I still had to prepare supper. I was so busy running errands that I lost track of time! Actually, I spent an extra hour for “me time.” I went to the salon to get my hair done haha!
Anyway, I was feeling good because of my new hairstyle so I’m not going to let anything ruin my day. I had about 30 minutes left before dinner so I had to chop-chop! My youngest son already peeked in the kitchen and offered to help organize the groceries. I think it was his way of asking, “what’s for dinner?” without offending me, cos he knew that I just got in. I appreciated the effort and let him put everything away while I got ready.
At that moment my good friend dropped by for a visit! She mentioned that she got stuck in a meeting somewhere and didn’t want to go home yet so she just dropped by. She said that she meant to give me a call but her phone died.
That gave me another reason to hurry for dinner. Good thing I had this Shrimp Stir Fry dish in mind and got ready.
Let’s Have Dinner!
As I was prepping the ingredients, my friend sat down with me in the kitchen to chat. She was amazed that I could prepare a nice dish in just a few minutes! She offered to help by tidying up and I let her. I brought out the silicone trivet mats and set them on the table.
When my friend saw the silicone trivet mats, she loved the bright blue colors! I showed her my other colors and she fell in love with the lime green ones. I told her she’d get a discount if she buys from our online store – she said she will check them out later. She also wanted to get a gift for her mom and decided that the silicone trivet mats would be a great gift set.
Alright then, dinner is served! Dinner was served on time so nobody got HANGRY.
Check out the Shrimp Stir Fry recipe below and share them with your friends! I’m sure they will appreciate the idea.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and let us know how it went!
Here’s another Stir-fried Noodles recipe you may want to try, too!
15-Minute Easy Shrimp Stir Fry Noodles with Veggies
- 18 oz thin egg noodles or dried canton noodles
- 18 oz shrimp
- 3-6 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 1.5 cup green onions chopped about an inch long
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3-6 tbsp vegetable oil
For the stir fry sauce:
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 3-6 dashes white pepper powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp dark soy sauce optional
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. If you boiled it, toss with vegetable oil to prevent them from sticking and clumping.
- Get a bowl and mix all ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil. Pat the shrimps dry. Once heated, add shrimps. When the shrimp forms a letter C, it means it is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to skillet or wok. When hot, add the onions and garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry until heated through. Pour the sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the cooked shrimp, carrots, cabbage, and green onions. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until the veggies are heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.