Did you know that October 24th is National Food Day? What better way to celebrate than to celebrate with food! If you’re having a party soon, you know that appetizers are the most time-consuming to prepare because you should never run out of them. Thus, this compilation of easy appetizers should help you out.
What You Need to Know About Appetizers
Have you ever asked why appetizers are important? Before serving the main course, appetizers are served as friends and family gather to chat and exchange stories. Every celebration is not complete without food.
Appetizers are usually finger food or small dishes that are served before the main course to stimulate one’s appetite. Have you ever wondered why you can still eat a lot even though you’ve gobbled about a plate of fries or mushrooms? Appetizers can also be a small drink such as cocktails.
Examples of Easy Appetizers
Appetizers should be easy to prepare because you have to keep serving them. A successful and enjoyable party is always overflowing with food. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but when the food runs out, the party’s over.
Examples of appetizers that you can serve are:
- cheese and crackers
- shrimp cocktails
- potato skins
- spicy mushrooms
Having a Party? Here are Some Appetizing Ideas
To help you get started in organizing your party, below are some quick and easy appetizers that you can cook in the oven. All you have to do is prepare the ingredients then cook them in the oven before they run out.
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts: Easy Appetizers for a Large Crowd
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 12 strips bacon
- 12 pieces brussels sprouts
- maple syrup
- ground black pepper
- Lay the pieces of bacon on a flat surface.
- Brush each strip of bacon with maple syrup on both sides and season with black pepper.
- Grab a piece of brussels sprouts and wrap a piece of bacon starting from the bottom.
- Brush more maple syrup on the top of each bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts.
- Place a cooling rack over the baking pan. Arrange the brussels sprouts seam-side down on the cooling rack.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve on platters with paper towels to absorb the extra grease.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Sticks
- 3 medium zucchini cut in sticks
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg. In another shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each zucchini stick first in the egg wash then into the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange them on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
An Easy Dip to Go Along with the Easy Appetizers
Of course, the appetizers won’t be complete without a delicious dip. This Honey Mustard dip only has 5 ingredients and so easy to prepare. Just get ready to prepare more because your guests will truly love ’em!
Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Get Ready for the Party!
Now that you have some ideas for appetizers, you should be good to go! These would be perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year. Thinking of what to serve for the main course? How about you try this Roasted Spatchcock Turkey?