Hey, guys! Did you know that February is National Heart Month? Consequently, everyone is encouraged to embrace a healthy lifestyle. Right? Took me by surprise too! So what is this month all about? Let’s take a closer look.
What is the National Heart Month?
February is National Heart Month. It started in February 1964 with President Lyndon B. Johnson. Since then, it became an annual tradition. From my research, the objectives of this event are to:
- Raise awareness about heart health
- Urge people to better take care of their health to prevent heart disease
Well, you may find this pretty interesting too. In honor of the National Heart Month, each individual is encouraged to actively participate in activities with the following themes:
- Be physically active.
- Eat healthier.
- Track your heart stats.
- Manage stress, sleep better, and quit smoking.
Finally, to invite others to join, each participant in the program is encouraged to post a selfie or Group-fie on their Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts using the hashtag- #Ourhearts are healthier together. Isn’t that neat?
More Ways to Become Heart Healthy
I was thinking, if we really wanted to join this program and keep our hearts healthy for a long time, there are more ways that we can do to stay healthy. So I kept reading and found some ways to become more fit, healthier and stronger in keeping with the theme of Heart Month.
- Start a “steps” challenge where the one who got the most number of steps on a designated day wins a prize.
- Host a potluck party and share heart-healthy recipes with friends, family, and neighbors.
- Promote Heart Month and related events on social media.
- Blog about living healthily.
- Hold cook-offs to make others aware of cooking healthy recipes.
- Start a group exercise program in the neighborhood that is fun and healthy, too.
You see, this initiative totally excites me. Not only will I become healthier but I will also be able to influence others to become more physically fit. Also, I realized that if each person participates in just at least 1 activity for a month, this repetitive action can develop into a good habit. These good habits will result in growing healthier and stronger bodies into longer, happier lives.
Recipes for the National Heart Month
I have never imagined that my collection of delicious but healthy recipes is now more important than ever! See, sharing these healthy recipes is now a way to participate in Heart Month.
To show my full commitment to the program, let me share my favorite healthy dish with you. Please enjoy the Salmon with Lemon and Garlic recipe below. You’re welcome.
Come back for more healthy recipes or visit: https://kitchenatics.com/recipes/.
Did you love this article? Please leave a comment below to let us know. You can also share this with your friends, family, and neighbors so they too can live healthy, happy long lives. See you soon!