Have you seen the hot chocolate bombs on those TikTok videos? They look really cute and delicious! First time I saw them was last Christmas and I thought that it would just be a passing craze. However, even my Facebook feed is full of these delicious hot cocoa bombs. Thus, I decided to make some hot cocoa bombs with my niece and nephew. Since we just launched the round silicone molds last month, I think now is the perfect time to use them.
How to Make Hot Cocoa Bombs
Are you ready to make hot cocoa bombs with your new silicone molds? Let’s get it on!
What You Need:
- Kitchenatics round silicone molds
- good quality semi-sweet chocolate bar; you can also use white chocolate
- hot chocolate mix
- mini marshmallows
- piping bag
- clean paintbrush or silicone brush
- cooking thermometer
- Chop the chocolate bar first before melting. This will help melt it faster and avoid clumps. To melt the chocolate, pour some water about 2 inches on a large pan. Get a smaller pan and place it in the larger pan with water. Using low heat, melt the chocolate in the small pan. The water in the large pan prevents sticking and burning the chocolate. Keep stirring the chocolate until it melts. Measure the temperature and make sure it doesn’t go beyond 90°F.
- When the chocolate is ready, get your clean silicone molds and wipe it off with a tissue to remove the residue. Get a clean paintbrush or silicone brush, dip it in the chocolate and paint the sides of the silicone molds. Make sure to cover the cavities well. Paint a second coat over the first layer then refrigerate until they set, for about 5 minutes. To test, unmold one of the chocolates and break them apart. They should snap easily with a crunch and not just bend. Note: You may need to save some of the chocolate for sealing the domes. Do not put the extra melted chocolate in the fridge so they won’t harden. You can also try other flavors such as white chocolate and matcha green tea and use these to decorate the hot cocoa bombs.
- When the chocolate rounds are ready, unmold them and fill them with cocoa powder and mini marshmallows. Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag. Use the piping bag to put melted chocolate on the sides of each chocolate dome then use another half to seal it.
- Coat the chocolate rounds with the rest of the melted chocolate and add sprinkles.
- Get some warm milk, get one of the hot cocoa bombs, and drop them in the warm milk. Watch the magic unfold!
Watch this video and check out our delicious hot cocoa bombs!
Don’t forget to get your Round Silicone Molds so you can start making this delightful treat with your family or for yourself!