Classes will start soon and if you’re one of the parents who opted for homeschooling, here are some creative and educational arts and crafts to keep your children busy. Bring out the child in you and make them, too! Silicone candy molds are perfect for making these fun arts and crafts. A word of caution though, make sure you don’t use the same molds for food and non-food for safety reasons.
Creative Arts and Crafts Using Silicone Candy Molds
According to Psychology, creativity is a form of intelligence that drives people to discover something new. There are many ways that we can display our creativity. Cooking, baking, painting, arts and crafts, singing, dancing, and even writing are activities where we exhibit our creativity. To further enhance you and your family’s creativity, here are some ideas:
1. Make Frozen Oobleck – Oobleck is derived from one of Dr. Seuss’s books “Bartholomew and the Oobleck” wherein a sticky green substance fell from the sky and created chaos. Make your own oobleck with 1 cup water, 1.5 – 2 cups of cornstarch, and a few drops of food coloring. Freeze them in the silicone candy molds to create fun shapes that you can also paint.
2. Bath Bombs – This is a great gift idea for birthdays, baby showers, and more. You can also place the bath bombs in pretty colored tissue or in plastic eggs and give them away as gifts. Or, you and your family can use them and have fun in the tub! Here’s an easy step-by-step method on how to make bath bombs. Pour them in the silicone baking molds for cute designs! The funny emoji designs will be perfect for this!
3. Paintball Bombs – Get dirty and frolic in the backyard with these fun paintball bombs! Just make sure you and your kids wear old clothes so you don’t have to fret if the stains won’t wash off. Here’s how to make these paintball bombs. Pour the mixture in silicone candy molds for fun shapes!
4. Crayons – If you have younger kids, I’m sure you have an abundance of broken crayons at home. Put them to good use and teach them about melting and heat. Get a candle and an old spoon, melt the crayons then pour them into the silicone baking molds. You can also teach them about mixing colors. Get creative and create new colors, too.
5. Fridge Magnets – Make fridge magnets and make notes easier to remember. I found this easy DIY fridge magnets on Pinterest using silicone molds. Try it!
What are you waiting for? Grab a set of silicone molds and have fun with your family. Oh, and since the holidays are coming, this would be the perfect gift idea if you’re low on budget.
Have fun! Don’t forget to share these ideas with your friends!