Pasta lovers will love this easy spaghetti recipe that will be ready in just a few minutes with a few ingredients. What’s better is that it’s no cook! Well, yes you have to cook the noodles of course, but the sauce itself is fresh and doesn’t need to be cooked.
Pasta is rich in carbs, but you can also choose wheat or vegan spaghetti. In fact, I found this spinach pasta at the supermarket and decided to use them for this recipe. The ultimate healthy meal! Sometimes I have pasta for snacks. Pasta is such a versatile ingredient that you should always have it in stock.
Why Tomatoes are Good for You
The main ingredient in this easy spaghetti recipe is tomatoes. In fact, we use two varieties – beefsteak tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
Beefsteak tomatoes are one of the largest varieties of tomatoes and are juicy enough to eat fresh. Cherry tomatoes, on the other hand, are among the smallest varieties of tomatoes and are also perfect when eaten fresh, such as in salads.
Tomatoes are healthy and rich in nutrients, especially lycopene. Lycopene helps reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, and stroke. Among the nutrients found in tomatoes are Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and antioxidants. Tomatoes also help prevent asthma, promotes bone health and good eyesight, and protects against cognitive decline.
On the other hand, some people should not eat or should limit their consumption of tomatoes. People with hyperkalemia, or too much potassium, should consult with a doctor before eating tomatoes. There are also some people who have hypersensitivity to tomatoes.
Quick tip: Did you know that you can use your cooling and roasting racks to rinse and drain the tomatoes? I also use them to dice the tomatoes.
No-Cook Easy Spaghetti Recipe for Quick Meals
This quick and easy spaghetti recipe is not just hassle-free but nutritious, too! My kids are used to the usual spaghetti sauce, so fresh tomatoes are definitely something new for them. Most young ones like sweet-style spaghetti better than the classic Italian style with fresh tomatoes and herbs.
Anyway, as usual, either because of their big appetite or my delicious cooking skills (ahem), they loved the Spaghetti Puttanesca. Oh, and it’s perfect with some homemade garlic bread!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends! Don’t forget to leave us a comment and let us know how it went. You can also share your delicious pasta recipes with us.
No-Cook Spaghetti Puttanesca
- 1 lb beef steak tomatoes halved and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup olives pitted and crushed
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter cut into pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and save 1/4 cup pasta water.
- In a food processor, add the beefsteak tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and 2 tsp salt then pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, capers, olives, and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Add butter to the cooked pasta and toss in the sauce. Pour pasta water as needed. Serve with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese.