Why I Love to Cook
Cooking has always been my passion. As a full-time mother who also works at home, cooking became my hobby and “me-time.”
I also love sharing my recipes although there are times when there’s just too many things going on. I feel that sharing recipes is also my way of sharing my passions and letting other full-time moms out there know that cooking is a labor of love.
The idea for this baked salmon came to me when my stepdaughter was craving for some baked salmon. There wasn’t much in the fridge as we had not gone to the supermarket yet, so we had to make do with what’s available. This is also a perfect way to teach your children, “Make the most of what you’ve got!” (Coz mom is either too lazy or just tired LOL!)
Here is what I came up with by combining the recipes I found online and the spices I have in my pantry and fridge.
The Kitchenatics cooling rack is perfect for this recipe! The raised legs distributed optimal airflow which resulted to an evenly-baked salmon. Spray some cooking oil on the rack for easier clean-up, too.
Let’s get baking!
Baked Salmon with Mayonnaise
- 6-7 salmon fillet (thawed)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine the mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and lemon in a bowl. Mix well then set aside.
- Take the cooling rack and place it on a baking pan. Spray or brush with olive oil or Pam.
- Place salmon on top of the cooling rack.
- Season it with a little salt and pepper.
- Baste the mayo mixture on top of each salmon fillet.
- Bake the salmon for 35 minutes and broil at 450 F for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or rice pilaf.
My stepdaughter and I had the perfect bonding time over delicious food! The baked salmon was gone sooner that it was cooked! Don’t forget to share this delicious recipe with your friends!