These Berries and Cream Cupcakes are made to satisfy your sweet and fruit cravings! At least twice a month, I make these cupcakes with my children. Even though they are all boys, they love helping out in the kitchen! They love to mix and top the cupcakes. The best part is eating them, of course!
For this recipe I used fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. You can use other fruits, too, whichever are in season. The sweet cream and melted chocolate are the perfect combination to any fruit. Enjoy!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 3 cups fresh mixed berries
- semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the egg whites until stiff and form peaks. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or electric mixer (such as Kitchenaid) cream the butter on medium speed until it’s nearly white. Mix in the sugar, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing as you go. Add in egg whites and mix gently.
- Fill the cupcake molds 2/3 full so it doesn’t overflow. Bake for 375 F for about 20 minutes or until the tops turn golden. Get a toothpick to test if they are done. If the dough doesn’t stick then they are done. Set aside and let the cupcakes cool at room temperature.
- To make the sweet cream: Combine the ingredients and mix using a hand-held mixer until thickened.
- Transfer the sweet cream to an icing applicator or to a Ziplock bag with the corners cut off. Top the cupcakes with sweet cream, berries, and melted chocolate.
You can also check out another dessert recipe — https://kitchenatics.com/all-time-favorite-dessert-leche-flan/
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends!